Thursday, January 10, 2013

Super Affordable: Anthropolgie Curtain Alternatives

So I mentioned Monday that Stephanie made me realize I needed some feminine pattern power in our living room, which consists of dark wood furniture, deep tan walls, a beige rug, brown leather couch, and nautical and horse art. Naturally, I went back to Anthropologie for some inspiration.

Anthropologie Finnia Curtain
I love the idea of these curtains. A graphic floral with a barkcloth look is exactly what my living room needed. But what I didn't need was an $188 a panel price tag. Ouch! Plus the colorway wasn't exactly what I was looking for.

Urban Outfitters Plum & Bow Wildflower Curtain
This $39 a panel Urban Outfitter alternative is a pretty close match to the Anthro Finnia. It's also available in a green and gray color way, which I absolutely love.

Urban Outfitters Plum & Bow Wildflower Curtain

Naturally, when looking for vintage-y floral curtains I hit up Mod Cloth. Love these aqua floral and fauna panels.

Modcloth Flora and Fauna Curtain
I think, though, that I love these Fowl Play curtains even more. And they are only $37.99 each!

Mod Cloth Fowl Play Curtain
These Target panels are pretty close to the Anthropologie curtains, but at a better price AND with a more forgiving color palette. $23.99 for a panel.

Target Maya Panel
These, of course, are the ones I went with.


Also, don't forget to check Etsy, eBay, thrift stores, and craigslist. Anthropologie's whole aesthetic is based around vintage finds. I mean, the $5 I paid for three panels certainly can't be beat! And it gives the exact feel I wanted from the more expensive Anthro version- feminine but not fussy, pattern, using colors already going on in the room while adding some new hues, and a vintage vibe.

3 comments:

  1. They really brighten up your room. I love it. I also really love those blue lamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. $5 curtains were definitely the way to go! I'm always shocked by how expensive even "cheap" curtains are....it's that tricky selling them by the panel thing they do!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting (it makes me feel less like I am just over here, talking to myself!). Comments are approved as quickly as possible. Seriously, I am trying to teach Emily to approve comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Me!

 photo 6_zps494de5b6.jpg  photo 2_zps2ba59d0e.jpg