Tuesday, January 1, 2013

State of the Blog 2013

Happy New Year's, everyone.

So...here we are in 2013 and I thought a look back and a look forward was appropriate for New Year's Day.

*Important Update*

Middle Class Modern is now simply www.middleclassmodern.com. All the blogspot addresses now point here, but it would be great if you are linked up with me in some way if you could change it over. I feel so official!

And now...

The Most Popular Posts of 2012

1. DIY Action Squad Day Is Here. The DIY Action Squad was formed, I painted a roller shade, Kenz got a shoutout from Young House Love, all of our stats soared.

2. Differences In Decorating The radically different design aesthetics going on here at Casa MCM and J got all Seussical about an Emily Henderson inspired light fixture.


4. Family History Ideas For The Holiday Season. Genealogy and Christmas. Also my most pinned post. 

5. Seriously, Someone Thought These Pictures Were A Good Idea. The worst MLS photos ever and my first ever house stalking. 

6. Basically, all of my embroidery posts took up the next spots. Creating Easy Embroidery Patterns and Embroidered Quotes and Vintage Frames were the top two.

So What's Happening in 2013 (or, Naval Gazing Time)?

I'm going to continue with what works. More House Stalkings, more "collection" posts, more slices of life, more embroidery, more DIY, and I'm going to kick off a Genealogy 101 series since the Family History post was really popular with very little promotion. I'm also going to try out a few other things I'm interested in, while keeping the focus on achieving a vintage modern look for very little money.

Also, I'm going to work on taking better pictures. This is a growth area. I'm slightly hampered by a lack of DSLR, but still. There's room for improvement. I'm also getting better with my Photoshop replacement.

Thank you all so much for reading and commenting here. This little blog is an excellent hobby and I enjoy it immensely, almost as much as I enjoy interacting with you guys.

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Tracie! I am so glad that you embarked on this blogging adventure! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the encourgement, Katie! It's meant a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great year you had. I very much enjoy reading your posts. There very unique, and I like it. It's refreshing. I'm excited to see what you put out for 2013. Happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to reading about your 2013!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting (it makes me feel less like I am just over here, talking to myself!). Comments are approved as quickly as possible. Seriously, I am trying to teach Emily to approve comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Me!

 photo 6_zps494de5b6.jpg  photo 2_zps2ba59d0e.jpg