Monday, January 21, 2013

DIYAS 15 Minute Project: Yarn+Bottles=Awesome


It's that time! That's right, it's time for the Do It Yourself Action Squad Link Party!



Interiors By Kenz, Broke Ass Home, Sandpaper and Glue, and I agreed to complete projects that cost under fifteen dollars and took less than fifteen minutes.

I had several ideas for projects, but over on Twitter someone posted pictures of a Target shopping expedition that included this guy.
Photo From Target
Yep, it's a yarn wrapped rhinoceros. They also have a hippo and gazelle. I love the subtle texture, and I'm looking for ways to bring texture to my dining table.

However, there's a sad lack of animals in my closet. Something I have in abundance? Glass bottles. 


I found a glass Coke bottles and a glass hard cider bottle hanging out in our cabinets. Over in my craft drawer I found a lovely soft blueish-green yarn and some white yarn.


With my hot glue gun I placed a bead of glue around the bottom of the cider bottle and started wrapping the yarn. I decided to leave the label in place, mostly out of laziness.


Place another bead of glue around the mouth of the jar and tuck the end of the yarn back under another piece.



Awhile ago I wrapped another Coke bottle in some jute rope. It was another easy, quick project. I just thought I'd throw it in here. I wrapped this Coke bottle with the white yarn, with the same glue, wrap, glue routine I used on the cider bottle.


I could have done a neater job wrapping the neck of the bottle.

Each bottle took about five minutes. I used stuff I had around the house (glass bottles, yarn) so the total cost was $0. Not bad.

Now, what you've all been waiting for...the link party! Share any quick and easy project. If you link up on one of our sites, it links up on ALL the sites. All we ask is you put a link to Interiors By Kenz, Broke Ass Home, Sandpaper and Glue, and Middle Class Modern somewhere on your blog. A DIYAS shoutout would be nice, too!

Next week I plan on featuring my favorite entries in the link party!







5 comments:

  1. *sigh* I love texture. I really really do, but it's one of the hardest things for me to accomplish. This is a really easy way to add it to a room! (and it's movable!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those would make the perfect table centerpiece, love the jute. When I finish Alexa's Barbie door hanger organizer doohickey--I really do not know what to call it, I will definitely link it up over here! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this project! I love the texture and the color. It really pulls in some of the color from your new curtains! LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great! I've been wondering what to do for a table centerpiece when I need to put my winter one away...I like the idea of something with pretty yarn colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the jute one especially. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting (it makes me feel less like I am just over here, talking to myself!). Comments are approved as quickly as possible. Seriously, I am trying to teach Emily to approve comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Me!

 photo 6_zps494de5b6.jpg  photo 2_zps2ba59d0e.jpg