Wednesday, January 23, 2013

If I Lived There, I Would Buy This

During a facebook chat with some bloggy friends we started sharing choice Craigslist finds from our respective cities we thought were fantastic/someone in the chat would enjoy. I've decided to branch out from that a bit and dig up what I would buy if I lived in the cities these fabulous bloggers call home.


What is it about Richmond that it is home to so many fabulous bloggers? I think either Sherry or Ashley could make room for THIS amazing find.

Photo From Craigslist

If I'm not mistaken, and I don't believe I am, that's a Heywood-Wakefield credenza/server. The asking price? $85. The seller obviously doesn't know what this piece is worth.

I hope whoever buys it doesn't decide it needs shabbying, painting, or any other abomination performed on it. It needs the bottom drawer handle replaced and perhaps refinishing, but that's it.

Here's the same style credenza positively identified as Hey-Wake.

Photo From Metro Retro Furniture

2. Team Skelley, Alabama

My old friend Katie runs a brilliant blog and lives in the land of rocketships in Alabama. If I was visiting her today, I'd definitely pick up these.

Photo from Craigslist
It's a complete set of Mid-Century Modern style twin beds. Rails and all! They would be great in a guest room, but you could also bond the headboards together (and same with the footboards), add king size rails and you would have a vintage MCM king sized bed...something rarer than a hen's teeth.

3. Broke Ass Home, Lansing, Michigan

Emma's written about her love of owls, so I think this would look perfect in her abode!

Photo From Craigslist
The lister describes it as a Curtis Jere style wall sculpture. I think I love it!


Kenzie said Craigslist was a bit sparse in her area. She's, um, right. HOWEVER, I did find these.

Photo From Craigslist
Kenzie, along with being a fantastic, up for an award DIY blogger is also a registered pilot. So these vintage flight bags from defunct airlines would be perfect for her!

5. Sandpaper and Glue, Central Massachusetts 

Photo From Craigslist
So Central Massachusetts Craigslist is a bit sparse in quality goods. If I was visiting Stephanie, I'd be all over this Sherle Big Eyed painting of a little girl. I'm a little obsessed with big eyed paintings.

This is definitely more my style than Stephanie's!

And, finally...

6. Me, Atlanta, GA

I'm digging this.

Photo From Craigslist
I love this vintage, fall painting. It's the same size as my Harland Young Horse in the Waves painting. $35 is more than I like to spend for vintage art. Maybe it'll come down in price!

Has anyone found anything amazing on Craigslist lately?





11 comments:

  1. That bed looks like something my grandmother would have had. Would you kill me if I bought it and painted it white? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I think it could look cute if just the panels were painted white.

      Delete
  2. Dude, if those owls weren't seriously overpriced I would be all over them like syrup on hot cakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering how most stuff on your CL's was priced I'd keep my eye on them, because I doubt anyone's going to pay that for them. Betcha a serious price reduction is on its way!

      Delete
  3. haha that painting is DEFINITELY much more you than me- that twin bed on the other hand, i'd be all over like white on rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's awesome. And I made sure no one thought you'd have big eyed paintings at your house!

      Delete
  4. Tracie. I love you. This post is great. And I LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE those flight bags!!!!! Hot damn. They are perfect. I'm calling on them today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, glad I could help you spend your money!

      Delete
  5. I swear we had a hutch just like that in my house when I was a kid...those same shape handles and everything. It had a big ol' china cabinet thing on the top of it, though. I should ask my mom where it came from and if she knew anything about it. She is not a mid-century modern fan, so she probably won't care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like this? http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&safe=off&client=safari&sa=X&tbo=d&rls=en&biw=1272&bih=609&tbm=isch&tbnid=VgoBkC3pUXMqAM:&imgrefurl=http://www.woodysantiques.com/hwshowrm/hws1-nf.htm&docid=QdwuM5uXbFqZIM&imgurl=http://www.woodysantiques.com/hwshowrm/05.jpg&w=450&h=511&ei=4HQAUcmkHefW2wXcvoHIBQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=3&sig=110098560186840013314&page=1&tbnh=144&tbnw=128&start=0&ndsp=27&ved=1t:429,r:11,s:0,i:118&tx=69&ty=94

      I'm jealous you grew up with it.

      Delete
    2. Hmm...I remember the cabinet part as being taller and not having glass in it. But we're relying on 30 odd year old memories here. It might well have just been a knock-off with those same shaped handles. My Dad worked for Steelcase when I was a kid, and then would go through phases where he'd get into some kind of furniture or another, so sometimes there was interesting stuff around. I would say I should ask him about it instead, except that he tends to "remember" things that never actually happened, so it wouldn't likely be very helpful.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting (it makes me feel less like I am just over here, talking to myself!). Comments are approved as quickly as possible. Seriously, I am trying to teach Emily to approve comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Me!

 photo 6_zps494de5b6.jpg  photo 2_zps2ba59d0e.jpg