Thursday, December 27, 2012

Our Girl

When we celebrated Lila's first Christmas we had no idea it would be her only Christmas; indeed, that we would have less than forty-eight hours to spend with her. SIDS is just...a bitch. Lila was beautiful and developmentally on target and a voracious eater and had learned how to smile and was learning how to control her hands to pet Emily and loved laying on J's chest and insisted on being held every moment she was awake. And then she was gone.

We lost her two years ago today. Instead of focusing on what we lost, we are choosing to take a moment to concentrate on what we had. So we are posting some of our favorite pictures of our darling girl.


Lila on her birthday. When I was picking pictures to post I almost skipped this one because I was afraid she'd be embarrassed when she's older. Acceptance is not an everyday thing,



Laying on a quilt my grandmother made in her gender bending blue onesie. We were boring her.


Lila was always curious about everything. She looked at the world like she really wanted to figure it out.


I'm pretty sure she was watching Emily in this picture.


Lila's Christmas.


Changing clothes is just so tiring!


J was eating a candy bar while holding when Lila did her trademark throw herself at what she wanted (I've never seen a newborn who could toss herself about before) and she threw herself right at the chocolate bar. I wiped out her mouth, but she was super excited about what remained!

Thank you all for reading.

4 comments:

  1. Thinking of you guys. You're stronger than I could be. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful baby. I can't even fathom what you are going through today, but you are in my thoughts. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely little girl! Thanks for sharing her pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing pictures, she is gorgeous. Hope you are hanging in there ok today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting (it makes me feel less like I am just over here, talking to myself!). Comments are approved as quickly as possible. Seriously, I am trying to teach Emily to approve comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Me!

 photo 6_zps494de5b6.jpg  photo 2_zps2ba59d0e.jpg