Monday, February 4, 2013

Super Affordable: Chesterfield Sofas

Dear Readers: I'm incredibly happy to announce that I've been nominated for a Homie Award by Apartment Therapy. I'd really appreciate it if you could take a moment and pop over there to vote for Middle Class Modern (and any of your other favorite blogs!). Thank you all.


Original Image From Here

Morgan at The Brick House has a fabulous, battered leather chesterfield sofa in her living room. I love the juxtaposition of the very traditional chesterfield with her fantastic modern and mid-century modern decor.

I'm not the only one loving chesterfield couches these days. Anthropologie lists several versions, all around 6K. Ouch! What I love about the Anthropologie versions is their playfulness in such a strict, traditional form. Restoration Hardware, Pottery Barn...all the usual suspects are showing (expensive) chesterfields right now.

So I sought out more affordable options. This was tricky. Unless you luck at on Craigslist or a thrift store, chesterfields are not a super affordable. However, there are great options that aren't super spendy.




Amazon has the Rose Deep Button Tufted Fabric Upholstered Sofa for $1,119.20. I love the Hollywood Regency lines of this sofa, with the curved back.

Here's the Sussex Dark Gray Linen Sofa Set from Overstock for $1499.99. Very traditional with an exaggerated high back.

The Mocha Tufted Nailhead Sofa, also from Overstock, for $1566.99. A very traditional, leather Chesterfield with nailhead trim.


I like this very modern, fabric chesterfield with metal legs. $999.99

Another traditional leather with nailhead trim chesterfield for $999.


I am absolutely in love with whispery blue fabric chesterfield. It's fabulously 1940s, don't you think? At Macy's for $699.
Martha Stewart is feeling the chesterfield vibe, too, with the Saybridge sofa from Macy's. $999.


This Wayfair sofa has the lines of a traditional chesterfield and the colorscheme of the Partridge Family bus. I don't really know what else to say about it. $1569

I love the smoky blue-gray and exaggerated tufting on this chesterfield from Wayfair.

What sofa shapes are my lovely readers digging these days?

18 comments:

  1. I voted!!!

    These sofas remind me of my Great Uncle Bud. He was a florist and very flamboyant. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heeeee. Thanks for voting!

      They actually remind me of my very proper grandfather's office. He had a dark green leather chesterfield.

      Delete
  2. One fine day I WILL own a leather chesterfield. I will I will I will! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh--these posts are so dangerous for me. I'm eyeing the Karlstad sectional that everyone has, but these are so much more...exciting. And of course I totally voted for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I'm in the same conundrum!

      And I, of course, voted for you!

      Delete
  4. Voted for you! Good luck! I'm going to have to think about the Partridge Family couch. I love it and hate it all at once....and I'm usually pretty down for the outrageous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I'm both horrified and unable to look away!

      Delete
  5. I just posted a patchwork chesterfield on my blog today too! I love the collection although they're still too expensive for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these! When my hubby and I bought our last set of living room furniture (about 9 years ago, yikes) we went with the overstuffed, caramel-colored, microsuede reclining dealios. Comfy yes; but so blechhhh design-wise! They are impossible to design a stylish room around. Next time I’m holding out for something that is both comfortable AND stylish! These look like they could fit the bill!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tracie - I wasn't sure if you saw my response on my Pinterest board but I left my email address (in a very confusing way) so you can get in touch with me. I just want to retake a few of the bad cell phone and weird-shadowy photos this Saturday when I'll be home while the sun is out! I only have a plain old point-and-shoot so I have to work with the lighting mother nature gave us. :) It sure feels good for someone to think my vintage art obsession is cool - most of my friends just think I'm weird. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally found your pinterest comment. I also deal with a point and shoot, so I totally understand.

      I think your obsession is AWESOME. I actually looked up Savers to see if there are any near me, since you find such awesome stuff there, but no luck.

      Delete
  8. I vote for you and wish you good luck Tracie. This is a great blog. You have an outstanding collection of sofas. I just love the one in blue fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great collection of super affordable sofas!! I really like each one but my favorite among all is Rose Deep Button Tufted Fabric Upholstered Sofa. It's a nice one and seems like bit expensive as well but I'm looking forward to ordered it through Amazing purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great collection of couches. That patchwork one is a bit out there, but there is clearly a Chesterfield for all tastes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to find a place where affordable furniture got the preference!! Each one of these furniture's are highly decorative and to fill up free spaces with stylist furniture's such sofas are truly perfect. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting (it makes me feel less like I am just over here, talking to myself!). Comments are approved as quickly as possible. Seriously, I am trying to teach Emily to approve comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Me!

 photo 6_zps494de5b6.jpg  photo 2_zps2ba59d0e.jpg