Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Free Gift Cards!

I am slammed with work, and I'm sorry about the spotty posting this last week! Tomorrow I'll share more Erin's amazing art collection and a cute project is on deck for Friday!



We are always looking for little ways to save money. One thing we do is save our change. We have a couple of different coin collectors; I talked about the white vase in the living room in my post on organization. There's also a Mason Jar in the bedroom and a small cup in the car.

For a long time we'd save our change for awhile (or until the vase was full), spend an evening rolling it, and then take it to the bank. Recently we discovered a better option!

Coinstar! They've been around forever. But I've always avoided them because I didn't want to pay the 10% charge. Then I learned Coinstar doesn't charge a fee if you get giftcards instead of cash.

I tried it out Monday. Just in our little vase we had right at forty dollars. I chose a Amazon gift card, and then ordered stuff we needed, like Emily's flea medicine and my favorite dish soap.

So, maybe everyone in the world already knows this, but I think this could be a great way to get "free" gift cards! (BTW, I have no relationship with Coinstar and just thought this was a great tip!)

What other little tips and tricks do y'all use to save money?

3 comments:

  1. That is good to know! I've avoided it for the same reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did this once before once we learned you can get gift cards without paying a fee. It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like the 8% fee, but I'll use Coinstar if I really need cash. When I get up enough change again, I'll check out the gift card option. Great tip!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting (it makes me feel less like I am just over here, talking to myself!). Comments are approved as quickly as possible. Seriously, I am trying to teach Emily to approve comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Me!

 photo 6_zps494de5b6.jpg  photo 2_zps2ba59d0e.jpg