Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Share Your Story: PJ's Repurposed Suitcase

It's another edition of Share Your Story! Do you have a project, room, collection, or tip you'd like to share? Use the contact form here or email me at middleclassmodern@gmail.com and share your story!

There are few things I like better than an upcycle of a good vintage find! I admired this project when PJ posted it on her fantastic blog Planned In Pencil and was thrilled when she emailed me about sharing it with all of you.

PJ shares that she loves old, hard sided vintage suitcases. I'm with her. But what to do with them? Especially the small, overnight case suitcases?


This little blue beauty is what PJ started with (can't you just see a chic Pan Am stewardess carting this around the airport?).

And in a fit of true creativity she realized it would be perfect...



As a craft organizer! Read all about the hot gluing, pocket making and organizing of this suitcase turned craft supplier holder on PJ's original post.

I love it! I think I might steal this idea to help keep my embroidery supplies organized! I a few of them could be functional AND adorable in the linen closet, keeping smaller items together and neat.

Now I want to hear about your upcycled ideas!

3 comments:

  1. Oh that would make such a good traveling sewing basket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE suitcase make-overs! Every time I go thrift shopping I'm tempted to buy an old suit case, but I keep holding back. I'm not ready to until i KNOW what I want to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you liked this project! I'd love to see it if you make one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting (it makes me feel less like I am just over here, talking to myself!). Comments are approved as quickly as possible. Seriously, I am trying to teach Emily to approve comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Me!

 photo 6_zps494de5b6.jpg  photo 2_zps2ba59d0e.jpg