Sunday, February 10, 2013

Hey, I Won An Award!

When I checked my email this morning I saw message from o'habitation. I've won the Liebster Award. It specifically seeks out new/small bloggers.



I think the last time I won something quarters, Fred Flintstone, and plastic eggs were involved!

This is what she had to say about me: Tracie at Middle Class Modern had my attention immediately with her hilarious writing style.  She stalks houses (real and fictional), shares the ups and downs of her embroidery projects, offers great pet advice, and steals her husbands clothing for DIY projects.  I can’t wait to read what’s next!

I don't know about great pet advice, but I do regularly, um, "repurpose" J's clothing for lampshades and the like!

I'm supposed to list 11 facts about my self, and then answer some questions. So here's your chance to learn WAAAY to much about me!

11 Random Tracie Facts

1. I wore a sunbonnet to school every day in third grade due to an obsession interest in Little House on the Prairie.

2. I have scoliosis. I wore the brace and everything for a couple of years.

3. J and I met when he moved in next door.

4. I graduated from a women's only college.

5. I loved college.

6. I spent a lot of time with my grandparents growing up; this probably explains why I have the taste and likes of your average 80 something.

7. I'm a voracious reader.

8. When I take a shower I don't feel properly clean until I've steamed myself and my skin has turned a nice shade of pink.

9. I have insanely thick hair.

10. During the same period of the scoliosis brace, I also had a mouth full of braces AND a spiral perm. See number 9? Thick hair and spiral perms are NOT a good combo.

11. You know how you buy six months worth of disposable contact lenses? I made my last pack last three and a half years. Oops.

11 Questions


what is your favorite blog and why?
Um...I have so many I love and read faithfully. I'm going to answer Pam at Retro Renovation, just because I started reading her about a month after she started posting...six years ago. She was my first homespace blog. I love how well-researched her posts are and I've learned a lot from her posts over the years.
would you choose the mountains or the beach?
Preferably, I'd live somewhere where I'm close to both. Actually, we sort of live there now. We are at the  foothills of the Blue Ridge mountains and live right by two lakes.
what prompted you to start blogging?
I don't have a neat, linear blogging path. I wrote one post in 2010, and then a handful in 2011. 
Fall of 2012 I was reading the comments on a Young House Love post and saw a comment from Emma at Broke Ass Home. I HAD to check out that blog. Emma and I soon struck up a friendship, and I "met" Kenz from Interiors by Kenz and Sandpaper and Glue's Stephanie. My bloggy besties help keep me on track with blogging!
what is your favorite time of day?
Depends on the day! 
when you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Usually a writer or an actress. 
what is #1 on your bucket list?
Finishing grad school.
what is your favorite meal to make at home?
Beef Stroganoff. It's beefy, carby, creamy, AND has copious amounts of mushrooms and onions. These are basically my favorite things.
what is your favorite meal to eat out?
Probably Mexican, although a good Dim Sum Sunday is hard to beat.
if you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would it be?
So many people! Eleanor Roosevelt, Marie Curie...I'd really like to meet my paternal great-grandmother. I've talked about my interest in genealogy before, and when I researched my family I became sort of fascinated by her. She died before my dad was born, but my grandmother (her daughter-in-law) described her as the "sweetest woman she'd ever met."
If your DAUGHTER-IN-LAW thinks that about you...wow. Anyway, she went through a lot in her life and I'd love to hear her take on it. I wish SHE'D had a blog!
what is one thing you would change about yourself?
What my husband describes as my Eeyore-tendencies. Self-doubt and a slightly pessimistic nature are my foes.
what is one thing you would never change about yourself?
I think I have an unbridled curiosity and I love learning things.

11 comments:

  1. That is awesome Tracie! So funny about you wearing a sunbonnet! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, friend! But living near a lake is not the same as a beach. Beach = ocean.

    I, too, spent a lot of time around my (great) grandparents growing up. Alas, I did not inherit my grandmother's flair for the fabulous. ALAS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's what I tell myself to feel better (and feel grateful for what I have!). I haven't been to the real beach since 2010, and you know how I love it.

      Delete
  3. congrats to you! and I'm so excited for you to find the perfect grad school and get back into it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracie I can't think of anyone who deserves this award more than you. I'm so grateful we are friends. You are such a great person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, love it! Congratulations on the award!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting (it makes me feel less like I am just over here, talking to myself!). Comments are approved as quickly as possible. Seriously, I am trying to teach Emily to approve comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Me!

 photo 6_zps494de5b6.jpg  photo 2_zps2ba59d0e.jpg